Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Author DW Marshall


Our family took a trip a few years ago to Oahu, Hawaii. We stayed on the Northshore in a tiny little beach house right on Kamehameha highway. We stayed for 11 days and basically lived like locals. We didn’t spend as much time in the water as we would have liked because some of the days the tide was high and there were jellyfish in the water! Our favorite beach was Sunset beach because the sand was soft and golden, and I enjoyed watching the surfers. We picked Oahu because there was a lot to do for the kids.

We spent a day at Waimea Falls, eating lunch in the company of rare birds, before making the 3.5 mile beautiful hike up to the falls. My son’s friend was taking pictures under the fall and dropped her phone, and seeing how it’s 45 feet deep, we said bye-bye to her phone and all of her photos.

We also visited the Dole Pineapple Plantation. When we went through the maze we decided to have a  code if we got split up. If one of us says Marco, the other would yell Polo until we found each other. That didn’t work out so well because every family in the maze joined in.

A highlight was our visit to Turtle Bay. The shape of the bay prevents large marine predators from getting inside, so the humungous sea turtles live long glorious lives and even come and sun on the beach, but people can only look and take pictures. No touching allowed. It was on or drive to turtle beach that youngest son and I saw a unicorn! No one believes us, but we both caught the brief glimpse and said at the same time “Did you see that unicorn!”

Another funny moment from my younger son was one of our first days on the island. We were sitting at a picnic table surrounded by food trucks. There were chickens everywhere. I’m thinking they might be the state bird. One of them walked up to our son and he decided to feed it. Then he panicked and shouted. “I just fed chicken to a chicken!” It was hilarious, but we did feel bad for the chicken.

Oh and the food trucks and fresh fruit on the side of the road are everything! Our best day as adults was when my husband and I left the kids at the house. Don’t worry, our oldest was and his friend were both 16 and our youngest 13. We snuck off and found a food truck that was featured on the travel channel cause we were tired of spending money on all five of us to eat out, when we stocked the fridge the day we arrived. We sat outside and devoured everything and even when the clouds opened up and it began to pour we didn’t budge.

Our trip ended with a tropical storm so bad we thought our little beach house on stilts was going to blow away. When we woke the next morning the flooding was so bad that we almost missed our flight home because we couldn’t get into the rental car.

The trip was filled with amazing sights, we were dog tired from trying to see everything. The next time we go to Hawaii we are going to do it resort style, because keeping up a house, no matter how small, was rough.

The sea turtle on Turtle Bay

A gorgeous park setting on the hike to the falls

The kids body surfing, yes we made them wear life jackets!

A sunset on Sunset Beach

My son and me on the way to the falls

Our little beach house on stilts

***


Title: Dominic
Series and Book #: Book 6 in the Seven Chamber Series
Author/pen name: D.W. Marshall

Genre:  Contemporary Romance/Saga

Publisher: Wicked Moon Penning

Date of Publication:  July 2017

ASIN: B073YD6P46
ISBN:

Number of pages: 177
Word Count:  50438

Blurb: 

A life of darkness. That’s all Dominic has left after enduring an unimaginable tragedy. Without the capacity to feel love or empathy, he turns to life as an assassin. When Mason Wilde appears seemingly out of nowhere and offers him a job at a lavish estate, Dominic jumps at the opportunity, if only to hold on to what little humanity he has left.

Heading up the security staff at The Chamber is certainly an easier career path, once he gets past the fact that each year a group of women is kidnapped to pleasure rich and powerful men. Dominic struggles with the morality of his new vocation, but he knows the women would be in the same circumstances regardless. At least he is a protector, not a killer.

Then her face flashes across a surveillance monitor and everything changes. Vivian Marie Travis. A raven-haired beauty who heals his heart immediately. She’s been selected for the next Chamber, but the thought of her suffering in any way incites emotions in Dominic that he never thought he’d feel again. 

His instincts tell him to try and save Vivian, but he is a stranger to her. Even worse, when she realizes his association with The Chamber, how will she not think of him as a monster? There is no way she could ever fall for him—he has nothing good to offer her. The strangest part is, Dominic wants to try.

Dominic is the first of The Men of The Chamber Series from D.W. Marshall, author of The Seven Chambers contemporary new adult romance novels, and a retelling of Stolen Flame from the guy's point of view. For a richer reading experience, consider reading Stolen Flame before Dominic.






Excerpt: 
That year the graduation ceremony was being held at the Polynesian Cultural Center. When Dallas Luke’s name was announced, I clapped and cheered the loudest, because I was clapping and cheering for Ma too. It was the one and only day since I was sixteen that I allowed myself to smile.
Of all the places to make Mason’s acquaintance, it was in the bathroom.
“Hello. Are you by chance Dominic Luke?” he asks me when we’re washing our hands at the sink.
I don’t say a word to him. Instead I assess him. Just under six feet, strong, but not bulky. Dark hair, white skin, dark piercing blue gaze. I can take him out without thought, and since he knows me and I don’t know who the fuck he is, I see the cold bathroom floor in his immediate future. “Who the fuck is asking?” 
I’m not the same person I was when I was a teen. I grew an additional three inches to a full six-three, and a well-muscled two hundred and forty pounds of lethal don’t fuck with me.
“I’m not here to cause you any trouble. I am here to offer you a job. One in security, high paying, and no killing,” he says, handing me a business card.
I don’t take my eyes off him to take the card. Never take your eyes off someone you may need to beat the shit out of. Instead I stuff it into my back pocket. I grab a couple paper towels, continuing to assess him. One thing I notice is his confidence as he too is maintaining eye contact.
“You would be in charge of my entire security team. The job starts immediately, pays four million per year, and requires travel and complete discretion. Call me by tonight if you are interested.”
And he was gone.
Hmph. That was some weird shit. Random intense dude follows me into the bathroom to offer me a job.
I meet up with my family for dinner. I am quiet as usual. Listening to my family chatter about this and that. We were always a chatty bunch. Animated mother and father equals animated kids. Thankfully, my sisters haven’t lost their sparkle. Unfortunately, mine is forever gone. My sister is going out with her friends after dinner. My dad and other sister Dacia were headed home. I give them all hugs, promise to visit soon and make my way to my hotel. I’m sure my old room is an option for me, but I am not ready for more of a reunion than this. I come from shiny happy people, and I am dull and depressed. Spending any more time trying to stuff a square peg into a round hole would only lead to problems.


Author bio:

D.W. Marshall an author of an eclectic array of romance novels writes direct and distinctive dialogue wrapped in strong characters. D.W. lives in Las Vegas with her husband and teenage sons. When she isn’t writing, she’s reading, watching movies, or indulging in her long time obsession with the television show The Flash.

Author website and social media links:





No comments:

Post a Comment