Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Author Lynn Crain

My friend Lynn Crain is one of the first authors I ever met.  She's been so helpful in my own journey.  She's been in the business for a long time and used to serve on the Board of RWA.  Please welcome her. 
***
     This is so very, very hard as I lived in Europe for five years and before that, it was my dream spot for vacations. However, though Vienna and the Austrian countryside are extremely beautiful, I have to say that my all time favorite vacation spot would have to be Scotland as the place to be if I’m going to be away from the US. If I’m in the US, I would have to say that it’s New Mexico where I live now.

     The reason I choose Scotland is it’s like no other place in the world. Most everywhere is green, it rains a lot and it was so different than the deserts of Nevada where I lived when I visited the United Kingdom.

     What we did was find a single place where we could home base. We were lucky to find a farm with 4 small Nordic cabins on the property near Stirling. From there, we drove near and far. We went to the Borderlands and as far as the Isle of Skye, where my husband’s family is from.

     Each of us got to choose one place to spend a day. I choose the ruined abbeys left by Henry VIII. We went from one end of the country to the other. We started in sunshine in the borderlands to full rain in Nairn. All in all, it was a wonderful day.

     One of the things I loved the most were the pubs and the people. I never heard a harsh or unkind word, though I do know it happens. The people were wonderful and gracious.
Scotland is very much a part of many of my stories. Lots of my heroes are from there and many of them have that wonderful lilt I so love. I’ve been there twice and frankly, can’t wait to go again.





***


Title: Hooked on a Feeling in the Decades of Love Anthology

Author/pen name: Lynn Crain

Genre:  Romance

Publisher: Sin City Writers

Date of Publication:  February 28, 2017

ASIN:  B01N3CN47F
ISBN: eBook ISBN – 10 is 0-9986721-1-4
eBook ISBN – 13 is 978-0-9986721-1-3
print ISBN – 10 is 0-9986721-0-6
print ISBN – 13 is 978-0-9986721-0-6

Number of pages: 370

Blurb: 

Hooked On A Feeling by Lynn Crain
Hooked on a Feeling is a romance about nurse Reggie Genarro, who wants to forget she’s part of the Genarro mob family. But when she finds ex-lover, Michael Vanzetti, dumped in the garbage, she must establish the name Genarro isn’t synonymous with the word mob, which may prove an impossible task as her feelings for Michael might overwhelm her before she gets the job done.



Amazon Universal Link ~ http://mybook.to/DecadesofLove
Books2Read Universal Link ~ https://www.books2read.com/u/mK9BxP

Excerpt:

April 1973

“Genarro, you’re going to be okay…do you hear me?”

Reggie turned toward her rescuer, hoping terror wasn’t reflected in her eyes. He was tall with dark hair peeking from under his helmet. He had the bluest eyes she’d ever seen on any person.

He shook her a little. “Look, you’re the only one who can help these men.”

The mortars had taken them by surprise. She’d been in surgery with three other nurses when the bombs hit as the doctor threw her to the ground and then threw himself over the patient on the table. The onslaught had been brief in the early morning light. Their hospital unit had not been hit before but with the enemy coming closer and closer and the end near, the fighting had taken on a new fierceness.

“Genarro…what’s your first name?”

She stared at him and again noticed his eyes. Like the sky in Nevada - blue, deep, and endless. She could watch them all day, but the force of his hand nearly knocked her on her ass. She blinked several times and remembered where she was. Her throat constricted, and it was everything she could do not to puke. Her eyes darted around her for a moment or two, as her mind rearranged the morning into the right scenario. The slap was probably the best thing he could have done for her.

Author bio:

Award-winning author Lynn Crain has done it all in her life. From nursing to geology, her life experiences have added to her detail-rich stories. She loves writing full time, weaving contemporary, fantasy, futuristic and paranormal tales, tame to erotic, for various publishers. Her home is in the desert southwest, and she’s just returned from her latest adventure of living in Vienna, Austria while her husband worked his dream job. She loves hearing from her readers at lynncrain@cox.net.



Author website and social media links:

Website
Facebook
Twitter









No comments:

Post a Comment