Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Author Laura Pavlov


My favorite vacation spots are Maui and Lake Tahoe. I love the water!! Lake Tahoe would probably win for favorite spot because we have so many memories there. My husband and I met at the University of Nevada Reno, and we lived in Reno for several years after we graduated. Lake Tahoe became one of our favorite places, and after moving to Las Vegas we tried to take our kids back as often as possible. Last year we rented a place on the water, and it was absolute paradise. It’s so serene and peaceful. I could honestly float on a raft in the lake all day. Tahoe has definitely inspired the Shine Design series, and I loved describing the setting in Beautifully Damaged! It is also an important place in book 2, which I just finished writing. It’s easy to get inspired when you’re floating on a raft in paradise!! xo





 ***

Title: Beautifully Damaged

Series and Book #: The Shine Design series (book 1)

Author/pen name: Laura Pavlov

Genre:  Contemporary Romance       

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Date of Publication:  July 24, 2019

Number of pages: 330
Word Count: 86,733

Blurb: 

Peyton Kroft was his forever, until the unthinkable happened. Walking away all those years ago had been the right thing to do, but he's ready to put the past behind him. Moving to San Francisco and hiring his first love, the city's top designer, is a good place to start. Yet it stirs up feelings he thought he'd long buried. Jackson Vance broke her heart. He took half of it with him on his way out of town. Picking up the pieces hadn't been easy, but more than nine years later, Peyton is living her best life. Coming face to face with her first love is not on the agenda. He is beautiful, broken, and everything she's ever wanted. The past still hovers like a dark cloud. But every dark cloud has a silver-lining.



Buy links:






Excerpt:

“How long have you been dating the want-to-be mayor?”
Her eyes widened. “You can’t say things like that, Jackson.”  
“I believe I just did. Why are you avoiding the question?”
“I’m not. We’ve been dating for six months. He’s a great guy.”
He slipped off his jacket and set it over the back of the chair beside them. His muscles pressed against the crisp fabric of his white dress shirt and she couldn’t look away.
He tilted his head. “Are you happy?”
“What’s with all the loaded questions? I don’t know. I guess I’m pretty happy.” “Interesting answer.”
“Forgive me if I’m not answering to your desire.” She lifted her hands in dramatic surrender.
“Trust me. My desire isn’t the problem.”
With a frustrated sigh, she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth. His appearance shook the ground beneath her feet. Did he want to hurt her? Again? Had he come back to turn her life upside down?
“I’m teasing you, Peanut. Your answers are fine. This is going to be good. Us working together,” he said, a playful grin spread across his face.
Her breath quickened at the flirtatious tone. “You think so, huh?”
“I wouldn’t have hired you if I didn’t.”
“Why exactly did you request me in particular?”
“You’re extremely talented. No doubt about it. I want the best person designing my restaurant.”
He was all man. Strong and powerful.
“Thank you,” she said, however, she didn’t trust him or his compliments.
“You’re beautiful.”


Author bio:

Laura Pavlov writes sweet and sexy contemporary romance that will make you both laugh and cry. She is happily married to her college sweetheart, mom to two awesome almost-grown kids, and dog-whisperer to a couple crazy yorkies. Laura resides in Las Vegas where she is living her own happily ever after. 

Author website and social media links:








No comments:

Post a Comment