Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Author Kay Harris


Thank you so much for having me, Kay! This is a great subject for me because, like many people, I love to travel. It is one of the greatest joys in life! My love of travel has made its way into my books as well. My latest release “Lost on the Road to Love” takes place on a travel show where the hero and heroine take their trek to love across the globe in a heart-filled adventure.

The journey, however, begins in my favorite city in the U.S. and the setting for the entire “I Want Morrison” series—San Francisco. I live in Southern Nevada at the moment, and as it turns out my last few vacations were spent in the City by Bay. So I thought I’d share some the better, and lesser-known places we’ve visited recently.

First off, there is so much more to see than the Wharf. Sure, everyone has to see it. But once you’ve done it, leave that part of the city behind and go exploring. Near the shore but closer to downtown there’s Coit Tower, the iconic Ferry building, which houses restaurants and shops and often has a farmer’s market right out front, and the long stretch of the Embarcadero. Turn inland and walk down Market street. Check out the venders, and frequently, the entertainment found there. Follow that or take the streetcar to Chinatown and the Civic Center area. See the amazing city hall, symphony hall, and opera house. Don’t forget all the great museums including the Museum of Modern Art, the Museum of the African Diaspora, and the Contemporary Jewish Museum. Deeper still into the heart of the city is Golden Gate Park. This gorgeous stretch of nature and peace features yet more incredible museums as well as the Conservatory of Flowers and the Botanical Gardens.

Add to the cultural wonders San Francisco has to offer amazing food, great shopping, and public transportation that can take you anywhere you want to go, and you have one incredible trip.

If you think I’m in love with the city that Karl the Fog likes to eat up each morning, you’re right. And my books serve as a love story to the city itself. Because what better way to revisit your travels than to write about them, right?

My husband about to indulge in an amazing meal in China Town

The view from our seats to the Symphony concert in Davies Symphony Hall

Me on the steps inside City Hall




The beautiful wood and glass building housing the Conservatory of Flowers

***

LOST ON THE ROAD TO LOVE by Kay Harris
Release date: March 14, 2018
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy
Length: Novel
Series: I Want Morrison (Book 2)

Blurb:
Take two best friends, add some benefits, and it may take a map to find their way to love.



On the road for eight months as part of the crew for a travel show, Chelsea Morrison expects to work hard, endure long nights, and enjoy some wicked adventures. But she doesn’t expect to fall head over heels for the show’s star. 

Henry Rush, son of a legendary rock star, is leery of women. He learned early they only want him for the fame that rightly belongs to his father. But when an intense friendship with Chelsea leads to so much more, he has to confront the one thing he’s avoided all his life. 

Can these two friends navigate their way to a happy ending?


Excerpt:

I rested my hand on my hip. “Are you saying you find me irresistibly attractive?”

“Yes.” He gave a firm nod. There was no mirth in his eyes or in the set of his mouth.

I narrowed my gaze and scrutinized him. “I thought it was because we’re so close, remember.”

“Yes. And you’re insanely hot.”

“Am not!”

“Are too!”

I shook my head.

“Wanna make a bet on it?” he challenged.

“What?”

“You get naked for me. And if I am disappointed, you win the bet. If you’re as hot as I think you are under those clothes, I win. In fact, I already know what I want if I win. I want to see one of the films you’ve made.”

I stared at him, my mouth agape.

“What do you want if you win, Chels? Not that it matters. Because you won’t win.”

I finally found my voice. Because I couldn’t turn down this opportunity. “If I win, you sing for me.”

“Done.” He settled farther into the couch. “I’m ready when you are.”

Buy Links:
THE WILD ROSE PRESS: http://bit.ly/2BjHYmL

Social Media Links:

Author Bio:

Kay Harris has had a diverse career with jobs ranging from college professor to park ranger. Now she adds author to her repertoire. Kay writes romance novels that contain a little bit of sweet, a dash of sexy, a touch of heartbreak, and a whole lot of fun! 

Kay grew up in the Midwest and has since lived all over the western United States including Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California. She loves to hike, is obsessed with museums, and enjoys taking her extremely tall and very handsome husband on adventures.






9 comments:

  1. What a great blog idea Kay! Thanks so much for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Francisco is such a great travel destination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kay,

    Thanks for this post. I love San Francisco. It's been years since I've been there. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Kay! I grew up near the "City by the Bay" and try to visit often. Loved the blurb and excerpt. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! Best on your book! It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shared! What about Ghirardelli Square? Or Lombard Street (which we made my sister drive squealing all the way)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your post. I've been to San Francisco twice and loved it both times. Also enjoyed your excerpt. Sounds like a fun book. Best of luck!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!
    Lucky girl! I've always wanted to go to San Francisco. Must have been an awesome trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great, too! And Alcatraz! There is so much!

    ReplyDelete