Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Author Amey Zeigler

When I was nine years old, I had three goals. One of them was to be a writer. The second to serve a volunteer mission for my church. The last was to travel to Switzerland. For some reason I was obsessed with Switzerland. I knew they had four national languages, German, French, Italian and Romansh. And wanted to learn French so I could go there. Well, I ended up serving in Geneva, Switzerland in my twenties. And while I was working too hard to be much of a tourist, I promised myself I would come back some day. Earlier this year, my husband and I had a chance to go back and do all the things I couldn’t do when I lived there.


 The first thing I wanted to do was to go on the Chocolate Train up in the Gruyère mountains.
We left from Montreux and climbed up through a mountain pass. They served us hot chocolate and warm pain au chocolat with hazel nuts.


Of course they gave us little samples of chocolate to prepare our palettes for what was to come.

Our first stop was the Gruyere Cheese factory. All the milk is imported from cows grazing on these lush green pastures.


We had to stick our heads in the cut out!


The tour walked us through the process of making cheese. Those wheels of cheese weigh like 80 pounds!


Our next stop was the medieval town of Gruyere. We hiked all around. The weather was perfect.


Then at last we stopped at the chocolate factory. They walked us through an animatronic explanation of where chocolate came from. At the end, there was a chocolate sampling room. They taught us how to properly do a chocolate tasting, using all five senses.  I am smelling the chocolate in this picture.


Of course, they sold chocolate at the end. And we had to buy some!

The view of the Dents Du Midi across Lake Geneva was spectacular. 

The Swiss Rivera is one of my favorite places in the world. Favorites:

Place to eat: Les Trois Sifflet for fondue in Vevey. They came out with a bazooka sized pepper shaker and played an anthem.

Thing to do: Walking around the lake. It’s so romantic. Swans, flowers sunsets.

Place to visit: Chateau de Chillon. Lord Byron wrote a poem about a prisoner there and carved his name into the limestone dungeon walls.

***

Title: Baker’s Dozen 
Author/pen name: Amey Zeigler

Genre:  Romantic Suspense

Publisher:  The Wild Rose Press

Date of Publication:   December 15, 2017
   
ISBN: 978-1-5092-1838-7

Number of pages:  372
Word Count:  89507

Blurb:

Twenty-three year-old investigative journalist, Andy Miller is armed with her many disguises and creativity to take down the riff-raff of Saint Louis. When her stepbrother is murdered by the mob, Andy soon discovers she’s out of her depth.
Enter Hugh Donaldson who has reasons of his own for discovering the murderer. He’ll use everything in his power to achieve that, including lying to Andy about his past. Dangerous as he is attractive, his martial arts skills and his quirky ways raise Andy’s suspicions.
Although Andy balks at his lies, Hugh’s charms, twenty-inch biceps, and electrifying blue eyes are difficult to resist. Striking out on their own, Hugh and Andy try to outwit each other as they traverse North America tracking down people connected to the case.
As clues disappear and the body count climbs, Andy and Hugh must trust each other and use their combined skills to bring the murderer to justice.

Buy links:



Excerpt:

He stepped closer, lowering his chin, giving her a deep stare. His eyes had a depth Andy had never seen before. Knowledge and understanding and something else in those pupils.
“Your black belt won’t always save you, you know.”
Andy turned away. He continued to follow her.
For some reason, his persistence irked her. She thrust a hand to his chest. Rock solid. “Don’t. I could take you down if I had to.”
“I’m sure you could.” A cocky grin started at one side of his mouth, before spreading to the other. “Goodnight, then.” With a salute to her, he marched backward. When he rounded the corner out of sight, Andy found her phone and dialed Carla.
“What did the guy want?” Carla asked.
“Karate lessons.”
“Are you sure? I think he was into you.”
Andy changed the subject. “What did your mom
want?”
Before Carla answered, two men in rubber masks rushed Andy, sliding up beside her, grabbing her phone and purse. She immediately let go of the burner phone, but her tote! Everything she needed was in there.
She was not giving up her bag without a fight.

Author bio:

I wrote my first mystery with my best friend in fourth grade. I wrote, she illustrated. It also had a cute boy in it with spiky hair (because that was the style back then). Not much has changed. I love mystery. I love romance. I love suspense. I love action, adventure and comedy. But I want it to have a happy ending.
I love writing about different places because I grew up moving all around the United States. In my books, I want to explore the whole world.
Growing up, my poor mom had to be so patient with me as I always wanted to try new things. I played violin, drums, flute, piano, all before I was sixteen. I also discovered I don't have much talent for music.
When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I was afraid to tell them I wanted to write because I didn't know how to write.
I am so grateful for my Sophomore year Honor's English teacher who gave me a star and five points (highest marks!) on my personal essay in the category for Voice. I wouldn't have hoped to have had enough talent to pursue writing otherwise.
I'd like to thank my college writing professor who gave me a C in Creative Writing: Short Story writing. I worked even harder on my own and published my first short story the next semester.
I adopt stray furniture left on the side of the road. I like to fix it up and give it a new home and look.


Author website and social media links:

Twitter: @ameyzeigler



2 comments: