Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Author AJ Renee


I’ve been blessed the opportunity to travel all my life, first an army brat and now a military spouse. This means I have quite a few favorite spots for vacationing. My all-time favorite vacation spot is easily New Orleans Louisiana. Not only do I have family in the Big Easy but it was the place I first fell in love, with both a man and a place. The culture, music, food, and the overall laid back feeling in the city wraps me up and I can’t get enough of it.

My favorite sandwich is a muffuletta. If you have the opportunity to order one be sure to bring an appetite or a friend to share it with. The thing is massive. My two other “must eat” items while I’m there are the beignets from Cafe Du Monde and eating crab.

Walking through the French Quarter is an experience every single time! I love going into Jackson Square to check out the art. The cathedral is gorgeous and also a must see. If you are able to do the haunted tour there are some fun stories from around the church.

There are plenty of events that bring tourists to the city. Go see their NFL Saints play in the Superdome, The New Orleans Baby Cakes play ball in Metairie (the Triple-A affiliate to the Miami Marlins), or The Pelicans in the Smoothie King Center. Jazz festivals, concerts, food festivals, or take a trip up the Mississippi river.

One thing everyone knows New Orleans for is Mardi Gras. The festivities in the city are now in full swing. Plenty of parties and parades to go to and plenty of drinks to be had. Make sure to plan your trip there with notice especially if you want to stay in the city. I’m sure most of next years bookings are filled up by now. No joke, people know how to live it up for the holiday. Contrary to popular belief you don’t need to show anything to get beads, it’s just more fun to be adventurous in your bead gathering.

As you can see this city has woven its spell over me. My love for it runs deep. My debut novel, Widower’s Aura is set in a fictional town on the outskirts of New Orleans for this reason. I wanted to bring my love of the city to my readers. We all can’t take the trolley down St. Charles Avenue to see the mansions and dream of a time long ago with horse drawn carriages.

I hope my readers can enjoy a slice of this heaven because I know I’m long overdue for another visit. I’m ready to see my family again and take in the city rich in love of the arts, culture, food, and having a great time.





Title: Widower’s Aura (A St. Fleur novel)
Series and Book #: A St. Fleur series, #1
Author: AJ Renee

Blurb:
Living in a world full of colors, Sofia Brazier escapes a career gone south as a juvenile probation officer in New Orleans. After moving to the small town of St. Fleur, Sofia opens a photography business in hopes of ridding her life of all the dark auras surrounding the damaged souls she once tried helping. Her comfortable new life is upended when widower, and ex-security-forces-turned-handyman hunk, Noah Tyler enters the local pub.
Noah attempts to avoid the voluptuous beauty who has captivated his every thought. That is, until his daughter vandalizes Sofia’s building and effectively seals their fate. After cutting his daughter a break, Sofia begins tearing down the walls he built after his wife’s death.
Just when life finally seems worth living for Noah, Sofia finds herself the victim of a string of crimes. Can he protect Sofia when he failed to protect his own wife?
Buy Links:

Excerpt:
Noah felt the hair on the back of his neck rise before he even saw her. Her skin shimmered with sweat. A bright blue tank top hugged her breasts, short black athletic shorts clung to her curves, and sneakers covered what he expected would be petite feet. The woman’s legs went on forever. He indulged in a brief fantasy of running his hands up those tan legs, hips, and up to her ample breasts. As his pants got tighter with a growing erection, he forced himself to turn and grab a drink of water.
For his sanity, Noah wanted to ignore her presence. Too bad he needed to speak to her. He couldn’t ignore what she was doing for Lexi. “Excuse me, Sofia?”
“Hello, Noah.” She smiled and continued to the bottom step of the house’s porch.
Noah walked toward her. “Can I talk to you?”
Her eyes locked on his with discomfort, “Yes?”
When they were a few feet apart, her smell hit him hard. Her sweat had yet to mask the sweet smell of peaches. She wasn’t covered in the strong perfume smell so many women seemed to bathe in. He noticed she wore no makeup either. The woman was truly stunning. He placed his hands in his pockets and rocked back on his heels.
“I wanted to thank you for what you’re doing for Lexi. You had every right to press charges, but I’m very grateful you didn’t. She’s a good kid…” He looked up at the second floor of his house, almost expecting to see Lexi standing at her window. “She’s just had a rough time, and I can’t snap her out it. I hope this close call does it.” He found himself wanting to tell Sofia more, but there was no point. Lexi would do her time with Sofia, and he would walk away with as little contact as possible.
Her head tilted to the side, Sofia’s knowing eyes pierced him. “Sounds like you both have been having a rough time.”
Her comment took him off guard. “Yes. No. Yes.” Noah struggled to breathe at the thought of how rough these last two years had been. When he looked at Sofia, he expected a confused look or even pity but not compassion. Yet her eyes sparkled when she gave him a small smile. Why did he always feel as if she was looking through him or reading his mind?

Social Media links:
St. Fleur Belles Reader Group: http://bit.ly/2bmtFmI

Teasers:


Author bio:

I’m a military wife and mother to three young girls. Prior to these roles I lived in Florida where I attended the University of Central Florida. I received my Bachelors of Science in Psychology and a Masters of Science in Criminal Justice. Almost a decade later and I haven’t used either.

Writing a book was never a goal of mine, funny how life works out sometimes. I thought I would work for one of the many agencies that specialize in justice. Instead I decided to focus on a family once we married.

I’ve worked at a movie theater, with copy machines and printers, recruited for educational institutions, in a library and I even did some time in retail. Now I’m in the most amazing and endless world of weaving stories while I juggle our family schedule.

When I’m not shuttling my daughter’s to school or dance, you can find me at my laptop. I hope you enjoy my books as much as I enjoyed writing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment