Saturday, July 20, 2013

My Sexy Saturday

    My Sexy Saturday ( http://www.mysexysaturday.blogspot.com/ ) has provided a great place for authors to showcase snippets of their works.  7 words, 7 sentences, or 7 paragraphs. 

     This week I'm sharing 7 paragraphs once again.  Here's the set up...

    A Halloween party gets sexy when a vampire’s victim meets up with a nerdy Dr. in this snippet from my WIP “Mountains and Skyscrapers”.  Elle and Michael have had a spat and haven’t seen each other for awhile, but they have made up over a phone call.   She attends a Halloween party with her friend Tom, knowing that she will run into Michael there. 

     Cheers!

     Elle weaved her way in the opposite direction of Tom, finding the patio door and escaping through it into the cold night air.  She was glad the old black dress she had found had long sleeves, though the plunging neckline was a bit chilly.  She wouldn’t stay out long; just take a few breaths, refocus, and then slip back inside where it was warm.  She walked to the edge of the patio and looked up at the full moon that smiled back at her.  A hand reached around her, holding a glass. 

     “I thought red wine was appropriate.”

     She didn’t have to turn around to know who it was.  “Michael.  I didn’t know you were going to be here tonight,” she lied, her heart fluttering.  She took the glass and swirled the liquid around, watching it. 

     “I got here about half an hour ago,” he said. 

     “And it took you this long to find me?”

     “No, I saw you the minute I came in.  I wanted to make sure I got a good look at you in case you were still mad and decided to leave once you saw me.”

     Elle turned to face him.  He was dressed as a Doctor with a white lab coat, crazy wild-haired wig and a stethoscope around his neck.

     He bit his lip and looked at the prosthetic gash on her neck with mock concern.  “That’s a terrible looking wound.  You might need stitches.  I should examine it closer in some better light.”  He ran his finger down the side of her neck.  “Yes, I think you’ll need a thorough examination.”

2 comments:

  1. Very nice excerpt, Kay! Can't wait to see more.

    Thanks for being part of My Sexy Saturday!

    See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynn! Of course you will.

    ReplyDelete