Saturday, November 26, 2016

Opportunities You've Been Given (week 47)

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

When I first started thinking about what to write for this post, I thought about the amazing places I’ve been on vacation.  I’ve been lucky enough to view active volcanoes on 3 continents, which is something I feel very thankful for!  I’ve toured Scotland, Ireland, Israel, Greece, Hawaii, the Caribbean, and many other places. 

But, bla bla bla. 

There’s an opportunity that I relish even more.  MUCH more.  That is the opportunity to raise this amazing young man who chose me to be his mother.  In doing that, it’s been more rewarding than any fancy trip, and more educational than a fancy college would have been.  Watching him grow and change every day, has helped me to grow and change with him, and for him.  He is autistic.  He is unique and beautiful and his mind amazes me.  Even though he’s 8, I still watch him sleep sometimes, to look at his beautiful, peaceful face and wonder what he’s dreaming about.  I have a feeling that I always will, except, probably, when he’s grown and married, because that would be weird.  Haha.
 
THIS is the opportunity that, although it give me the most stress sometimes, is the most rewarding.

Being a MOMMY. HIS Mommy!

Love and Peace,  


Kay 





No comments:

Post a Comment