Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Sexy Saturday

     Welcome to this week's "My Sexy Saturday" ( http://www.mysexysaturday.blogspot.com/ ).  I always feel like the set-up to a scene can be just as sexy as the scene itself.  I like the little gestures, and the subtle language and images.
    
     This selection comes from my WIP “Mountains and Skyscrapers”.  After a casual dinner with a group of his future employees, involving more than a few bottles of celebratory wine, Michael ends up having to drive his new second-in-command Randall’s sister home since he was already driving someone else home.  Not that he’d minded driving her home at all, even if Randall had shot him the evil eye a few times.  He’d drop her off last, to make sure that she was ok and all, of course. 
    
     Then, she invited him in, and, well, he had to oblige. He was a perfect gentleman, he had to be in his line of work.  But could he remain one with the gorgeous, spunky Elle in front on him?

     “Well, here we are,” she said as she pushed the door to the laundry room open and turned the alarm off.  She flipped on the light switch and led the way down the hallway to the living room.  Michael noticed that there were abstract canvas paintings hanging in the hall as well as the living room.

     “Who is the artist?” 

     “Do you like them?”

     “Well, these two I do, and the orange one in the hallway, but I didn’t really care for the blue one,” he said, honestly. 

     “They’re mine,” she said, smiling proudly. 

     “Did I mention I love the blue one?”

     She laughed.  “It’s ok, I painted it at a bad time in my life; you must have picked up on it.  You know, I only had two glasses of wine.  I’m perfectly fine, Randall is just a worrier. He still treats me like I’m the little sister in an Easter dress or something.”  She plopped down on the overstuffed white loveseat with one foot curled under her, so he sat on the matching couch and tried to appear relaxed even though all of his senses were ultra-heightened. He felt like a fox in a sheep-filled pasture, and his mind raced trying to find the right thing to say.  
  

2 comments:

  1. Very nice and I'm wondering just where this one is going. Thanks, Kay, for sharing it.

    Thanks for being part of My Sexy Saturday as well. Hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete