Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Author Sandra Masters

My favorite vacation spot is actually on our acreage here. We back up to a dairy ranch where we can see and hear the cows and their heifers. It’s such a joy to sit on our own back yard, under an umbrella, sipping gin and tonics as the Mamas and their babies moo to each other. Coarsegold, California is an historic town because many of the Chinese immigrants worked on laying the rail tracks north and south. The name is derived from the fact that the gold that was found was not the purest, but it was a lesser nugget, and thus the name Coarse Gold.


Another delightful town in Italy is Abano Terme, which is the land side of Venice. The hotel is called the Sheraton Orologio (Clock of Gold) and was the summer palace of Franz Josef of Prussia before it was sold. One of the features is a “mud bath” over your entire body, from the hot mud of the mountains. Guests are given a physical and psychological exam so that they are not affected by claustrophobia. I had to have one arm without any mud so I wouldn’t hyperventilate. The service is grand, the view is breathtaking, and the stars are magnificent at night. Breakfasts are feasts of fruits and grilled meats. The berries were bigger than two thumbs and delicious. I could go on and on. I held an event there with international guests and we had the singers from the Milan opera perform for the main dinner event. Fortunes were told by Tarot Card Gypsies.  I was sorry when I left that job!!!




***

Title: ONE NIGHT WITH A DUKE
Series and Book # :  THE DUKE SERIES
Author/pen name: SANDRA MASTERS
 Genre:  REGENCY HISTORICAL (LONG)

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press, Tea Rose Edition

Date of Publication:  June 21, 2017

ASIN:  
ISBN: 978-1-5092-1478-2

Number of pages: 340
Word Count:  ll0,683

Blurb:

When a spirited woman disrupts the world of a duke who follows the rules, sparks fly, passions ignite and planets collide.
Reclusive, cold as ice, the politically powerful Raven, Duke of Ravensmere, denies love after the tragic deaths of his duchess and baby. He is bound by his vow never to allow love to enter his heart again. Samantha Winston permits him to seek refuge in her carriage in a time of need, and what started as a kiss in the name of safety, becomes something more pleasurable and not so safe after all. In spite of every caution, his interest escalates into unexpected desire.
Samantha, a young widow with a secret, irreverent and high-spirited, has constructed impenetrable walls against all men. When she and Raven meet again, strong wills clash. Political intrigues and a dreaded nemesis place his life at risk, and Samantha finds herself in a dire predicament. All the while, passion soars. 
Can Samantha’s barriers fall with more kisses?
Can Raven be released from his deathbed vow? 

Buy links: One Night With A Duke
http://amzn.to/2p0h4bu   Amazon US
http://bit.ly/2qx0Dr0 The Wild Rose Press





Excerpt:

“I do hope that none of the rakish kind will offer for my basket. Men do feel widows are fair game. I’m not sure how I would handle such rakes. I have insufficient experience, but I suppose I will have to learn.”
            “My dear Samantha, do you expect me to believe that in these past three years, you haven’t encountered disreputable men?” He laughed, “I do believe you will have a sufficient amount of reputable young men who will bid on you and your picnic basket. After all, it’s for a good cause, isn’t it?  But I do hope you will keep your conversation light, or you will suffer the young man to have indigestion or apoplexy.
Impishly, she said, “I deserved that. I like your sense of humor. It’s also good to hear you laugh. We do battle well.”  Perhaps he could be a man of consequence?
“Indeed, but I warn you, I have not started my retaliation. When one acquires an enemy, I don ‘t believe in keeping him or her closer; however, I might make an exception for you.”
“Oh, No, I’m not your enemy, Your Grace. Please don’t consider me as one.”
“Perhaps if you try hard, you can change my mind,” a small grin curled his lips.
“What would I have to do?” her large eyes implored.
“I leave that to your resourcefulness…and mine…under a starlit night with nothing but our naked imaginations.”
“Sweet heaven,” she muttered, cheeks crimson.

Author bio:

Fall in love with Romance all over again
with author Sandra Masters

From a humble beginning in Newark, New Jersey, a short stay at a convent in Morristown, N.J. at the age of fourteen, Sandra Masters retired from a fantastic career for a play broadcasting company in Carlsbad, California, and settled in the rural foothills of the Sierras of Yosemite National Park with her husband, Ron, and two dogs, Silky and Sophie. She traded in the Board Rooms for the Ballrooms of the Regency Era and never looked back.
She wrote her first book at the age of thirteen and since then she’s always traveled with pen and notebook for her writing experiences. It’s been the journey of ten thousand miles with a few steps left to go. She deemed it a pleasure to leave the corporate world behind decades later.

Nothing she expected, but everything she desired. Her business card lists her occupation as Living The Dream.

Author website and social media links:





11 comments:

  1. Good morning, everyone. It's 5:16 a.m. in California and I'm about to have my one cup of coffee and then come back here. Hope you enjoyed this blog and I'm ready for all chat questions. See you in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me on my blog, Sandra! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your blogs and the teases from your books. This is one of my favorites! Plus you have me thinking of a mud bath! I must try one! -- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure. Hope your son has a special birthday. I'll be checking in and out of this post. Hubby is having eye surgery so as soon as I'm comfortable with his recovery, I'll be back. Life has a way of dealing with things.
    Had my coffee. Now I will feed the dog. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog Sandra! As for me...I need several more cups of coffee to un-fog my head this morning. I love all your books, but the spunk between Raven and Samantha ranks at the top...and when Radolf and Jacklyn are introduced....well it just keeps getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sheila, one of my fabulous critique partners, wherever you are right now. Love One Night With a Duke -- they took seven years to make it to publishing. Radolf and Jaclyn, THE BLUE EYED BLACK HEARTED DUKE is now complete! Book Six, imagine that. Who would have thought two years ago when Book One had its debut. Means it time for a celebration, sistah! Needs to sit and then beta reading, and it will be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chiming in a bit late, here, but love the blog and blurb. I'm really looking forward to Blue-Eyed Black-Hearted Duke. Can't believe it is already for beta reading! You are a superstar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Krista. You're a superstar in your own right, too. For those who don't know, you are also a graphic artist and all the beautiful memes in this blog are ones you created for me. I'm super happy. You are also a gifted lyrical writer in your speculative fiction genre with your book Bloodstones: The Haunting of Sunset Canyon. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed your article. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Vicki. It's nice to see you comment. Good luck on your Young Adult/Fantasy book. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's 8:00 p.m. California time and 11:p.m. East Coast. Glad to see that my hubby's operation was a success, but all operations are scary. Thanks to all of you commented. I'll keep this open and check before I retired to b-e-d. Crazy day with all the traveling, but always worth it to say Hello. Good night.
    I wish you butterfly mornings and wildflower afternoons. XOXO

    ReplyDelete