Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Author Maxine Douglas

I have to say my favorite spot is Galveston, Texas. I loved spending a few days on the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico with my husband. We explored the historic downtown, ate on the wharf, and just relaxed.

If you’ve never been to Galveston, you have got to go. We went in October when it was still in the 70's during the day. At night the warm breezes came in our patio door and the many ships that lined up waiting to dock looked like floating cities at night.

There’s nothing like fresh shrimp or lobster on the wharf or from one of the fishing merchants. We stayed at The Galvestonian in a two bedroom condo so we had our own kitchen. I have to say it was the most relaxing vacation I’ve ever had.

I can’t wait to get back there again!
















 ***
Title: The Queen
Series and Book: Seasons of Passion: Summer Lovin'
Author/pen name: Maxine Douglas

Genre:  Paranormal Romance

Publisher: MuseItUp Publishing (www.museituppublishing.com)

Date of Publication:  August 29, 2013

ASIN:  B00EVW8PPK
ISBN: 978-1-77127-401-2

Number of pages: 73

Blurb:

Cole Masterson takes a ghost hunting gig aboard the Queen Mary to find out why pictures of his great grandfather and Hanna Amery are in an old locket.

Hanna Amery finds the love she left behind on The Grey Ghost housed in the body of Cole Masterson, she just needs to figure out how to get to him.

What happens when they find each other on opposite planes of the Universe?

 Buy links:



Excerpt:

Shrugging off the odd sensation of being watched, I went back to investigating, and snapped pictures of the bunks noting that even with a mattress they had to feel like a board. I certainly wouldn’t trade the luxury of my Sleep Number bed for one of these for an extended period of time for anything. I took several more pictures then covered the lens and turned off the camera.
“Other than my nerves, all is quiet in the Isolation Ward. Gonna call it a night.” I turned away from the beds, then shuffled back toward the sinks. A low groan filled the air, stopping me in my tracks. But looking back I saw no one. Had I just imagined it? Were my nerves playing me up?
“Who’s there?” I double checked the recorder finding the new batteries kept it barely running. Shoot, why I hadn’t thought to bring an extra set of batteries? Normally I would have done that, but tonight was far from normal. “Listen, whoever you are, I’m going to bed now. If you want to talk to me you’ll have to find me tomorrow.”
Quickly stepping out of the ward, wanting nothing more than to get my head on straight, I inched past the attendant’s room and hustled toward the stairs that will take me above deck.
“Dr. Masterson!” Clicking heels hurrying along the floor echoed softly behind me.
The soft feminine English accented voice made me freeze as every hair on my body suddenly stood at attention. Oh my god, I hadn’t imagined her. I spun around eager for a glimpse of her, hearing the urgency in her voice, and groaned when I found no one there. Damn, if she was so eager to reach out to me why wouldn’t she appear?
“Dr. Masterson, please!”
The disembodied voice made my heart ache and my fingers tremble as I once again checked the power of the nearly drained recorder hoping it caught her voice. Swallowing the lump in my throat I said, “Yes?”

Author bio:

Ms. Douglas is a romantic at heart and believes in all things in the nature of love. An avid horse lover and reader, Ms. Douglas loves spending time in the saddle or barn when she can, curled up with a good book, catching up with her oldest grand-daughter, or chasing her youngest grand-daughter around the house.

Ms. Douglas reaches for stars and has been lucky enough to have touched a few throughout her life. Family is important to her, as is touching her readers with her stories of love and passion. She might even make you smile.

A Wisconsin native, Ms. Douglas now resides in Oklahoma with her husband, and is a member of both Romance Writers of America and Oklahoma RWA.


 Author website and social media links:

It’s an affair of the heart.


Blog: http://maxinedouglasauthor.blogspot.com
Newsletter: http://maxinedouglasnewsletter.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaxineDouglasBooks/
Twitter @waMaxineDouglas



No comments:

Post a Comment