Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Author Letisha Stanton

I'm happy to host one of my favorite gilrs, Letisha Stanton, this week!  When I first met her, her personality blew me away and I knew I had to get to know her better.  There's so much bubbling below the surface with her, and her books and stories can take you places you never dreamt.  She's full of surprises! 

***
My family and I love to vacation in Florida. There are the obvious areas that most people visit like Disney, Universal Studios, and Miami. We mostly visit these places when we are around other family members or trying to make the kids dreams a reality. We have family that live in Florida, so it isn’t hard to slip off and have a mini vacation there.

Our real Florida vacations, however, the ones I love the most, are the ones when we get to go out on the boat. There is something about being out in the open ocean, swimming, catching fish, lobsters, and scallops  that I just love. When we are out there, time ceases to exist. I love it when the sky is crystal blue and the water is too, when you can’t tell where the water ends and the sky begins. It’s finding a piece of my soul to be out there.




***

Title: 

Destiny’s Purpose
The Destiny Series Book 1

Author/pen name: Letisha Stanton

Genre:  Historical Fiction

Publisher: Desert Breeze Publishing

Date of Publication:  March 11, 2015

ISBN: 1612525865

Number of pages: 290
Word Count: 136,000 

Blurb:  

Chasing a freedom as big as the Mexican sky, Destiny Grey finds himself on the run from a cruel and unjust system. There is a life to be had in Mexico, if he is able to withstand the brutal climates, the Renegade Natives, the unforgiving land, and his own heart. Trinity Jones doesn’t help his plight when she shows up wild and half beaten to death. Unable to ignore her suffering, he decides to rescue her from her captors, and from the prison of her own mind. Soon he discovers, however, that she is the one who will rescue him.



Buy links: 



Excerpt:

Trinity tossed the saddle aside and stormed over to him, this time standing on eye level with him since he was still sitting down. She put one hand up on her hip and one finger in his face.
"I know this man you have become is not the man I know you want to be. You are not even the same man who rescued me. What happened to you? How did you become such a coward?" she asked again.
He was tired of hearing that too. "You want to know what happened to me," he yelled. "You want to know what happened to me! You happened to me! I was dead when I met you! I was gonna deliver Jolene here, see her settled into a more secure life with a new husband, and then I was gonna fade away! Then you come along and I see you fightin' for yo life when you should be dead and it tore me apart! I saw another dead soul like mine only I knew you could fight for yo life. You survived when you shouldn't have ... I shouldn't survive," he finally stopped and shook his head.
"You've done somethin' to me and I can't undo it," he continued. "I want to push you away. I want Jolene to find a proper husband. I want things to fall into their rightful place so I can turn to dust and join Judith..."
He stopped talking as Trinity lowered her finger from his face and looked at him. She looked so vulnerable. "I don't deserve you in my life," he said honestly.
Trinity looked at him in a way she had never done before. The tender regard in her eyes nearly broke him. It was as if she really understood what he was trying to say, for the first time. She brought her hand up toward his hair and he flinched.
"Don't," he warned as he looked away from her. "I need to keep my distance."
She shook her head. "No. You don't," she responded. She was about to touch him again when he rose from his chair and nearly tipped it over as he backed away. She did not follow him.
"I never asked for you, Trinity," he said, looking at her small trembling frame.
"Do you know what I have thought all these months?" she asked him as she let her arm drop to her side.
He closed his eyes and shook his head. He tried to conjure an image of Judith but she was not there. Not even the ugly yellow nightgown would come to mind. All he could see was a scarred body he had kissed everywhere.
"I have been thinking all these months you saw my scars and then didn't want me anymore," she confessed. His eyes flew open at that statement and he saw a tear make its way down her face. He tried to keep the same refrain he had before, tried not to feel her, see her, but he couldn't do it.
He closed the distance between them in a few strides and picked her up into his arms. "How could you be so beautiful and ever think a man wouldn't want you," he asked smoothly.


Author bio:

I sometimes feel that as people experience a little bit of success, they tend to pull away from their readers. Sometimes it is out of necessity. There is so much going on with promoting, blogging, tweeting, and website building, it is dizzying. But I am also a person that does the laundry and makes fabulous dinners and takes my kid to gymnastics.  I have been writing for over seventeen years and my desire is as much the same today as it was way back then. I write for the readers. I will never get so busy that I forget that. I write these for you so that hopefully it will give you some encouragement or laughter or joy. Life is hard, and for me, reading is like my chocolate break from reality. I pray that is what you experience as you read these novels. 

Author website and social media links:


No comments:

Post a Comment